We have five simple steps to help you in your spiritual walk:
• Welcome to Cedar Falls Christian Church!
• When you attend our services, you will find a warm welcome and a meaningful service that includes worship of God, communing with Christ, and a lesson from God’s Word.
• When you attend regularly, you will begin to form meaningful relationships with people, as well as a connection to God.
• At CFCC, we believe that “where the Bible speaks, we speak, and where the Bible is silent, we are silent,” meaning we are a congregation that puts a premium on God’s Word. We do not seek to add to or take away from the truth of Scripture.
• We offer continued education about who we are and what it means to walk with God as we build relationships, strengthen families, and serve with the “Body of Christ.”
• One of the best ways to do this is to attend our 101 Class, which is offered regularly, to learn more about CFCC. This will also be a great opportunity to receive answers to any questions you may have.
• Our mission statement says it all, “Love God, Love People, Show the Way.”
• Our first priority is to Love God by honoring him through recognition and acceptance of who He is: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
• At the same time, we Love People as we accept one another and help others find what is possible in Christ: forgiveness of sins and the guidance of His Spirit.
• We want to Show the Way to those who are interested in accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior by repenting and being immersed into Christ just as Jesus was buried and rose again.
• Following the old adage, “healthy things grow,” CFCC desires to guide and encourage your path to growth through strengthening ministries like small groups for adults, families, and youth. We also have a Celebrate Recovery ministry that helps people with “hurts, habits, and hang-ups,” which, as you might have guessed, includes most of us.
• We encourage regular attendance of our Worship Services, Bible Classes for all ages, and fellowship events like potlucks and other gatherings.
• Growth really begins to take off as we encourage people to serve each other and reach out to serve those in the community around us.
• We believe serving comes through “finding a need and meeting it,” as well as supporting the work of God through tithes and offerings.
You may have noticed a pattern here as we believe each step is a step forward beginning with Attending and continuing through to Learning, Accepting, Growing, and Serving. We are all blessed when we become greater followers of the God who created us, saves us, and guides us, even as He prepares for us an eternal home.
“For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”